Love INC (In the Name of Christ) empowers families to break out of poverty. We go beyond superficial “bandaid” fixes and address the root issues that keep people stuck in their brokenness.
Our long-term mentoring and life skills program (T.E.A.M., Training, Equipping & Mentoring) links families in poverty with trained volunteers from our network of 40+ local churches. Families in the T.E.A.M. Program earn vouchers for material help such as groceries and gas cards to free up their income to pay off debt. Meanwhile they are learning vital budgeting and life skills that enable them to lead productive, financially independent lives.
Elizabeth Benefiel, Executive Director
Mission and Core Values
The mission of Love INC of Yakima is to mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities in the name of Christ.
- We are Christian. Everything we think, say, and do is in the name of Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Prayer is an integral part of who we are. Ephesians 6:18
- We follow Christ’s example of valuing people in need. 1 Corinthians 13:3
- We value unity of the Body of Christ. John 17:23
- We value transformation in the lives of people and communities. Romans 12:2
- We value churches living out the two great commandments to love God and love their neighbors. Mark 12:30-31
- We value building Christ-like relationships. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5
- We value the connectedness of the Love INC movement. Philippians 2:3-4
- We model excellence. Colossians 3:23-24
- We value continually maturing in our capacity to meet people’s needs. Philippians 3:12
How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!(Psalms 133:1)
LOVE INC OF YAKIMA IS A 501(C)3 ORGANIZATION